While project management skills are absolutely necessary for project managers, interestingly, the methods and tools that project manager’s use can be quite helpful for everyone. By eliminating the guesswork from project-related activities so that companies can best select the projects, assign the proper resources, streamline delivery efforts and track profitability.
What is Project Management?
It’s an ERP project management module creates a snapshot of the entire project lifecycle in order to precisely assess project performance and profitability.
Project management techniques and project planning tools are useful for any tasks in which different outcomes are possible, where risks of failures are probable, and thus require planning and assessing options, and organizing activities and resources to deliver a successful result.
Projects can be various shapes and sizes, from the small and straightforward to extremely large and highly complex.
In organizations and businesses, project management can be concerned with anything, particularly introducing or changing things, in any area or function, for example:
• People, staffing and management
• Products and services
• Materials, manufacturing and production
• IT and communications
• Plant, vehicles, equipment
• Storage, distribution, logistics
• Buildings and premises
• Finance, administration, acquisition and divestment
• Sales, selling, marketing
• Human resources development and training
• Customer service and relations
• Quality, health and safety,
• Legal and professional
• Technical, scientific, research and development
• New business development and any other project which needs planning and managing within organizations.